We know our survival rates are not good enough in this country, we know we can do more to improve patients’ experiences and long-term quality of life; and we know that there is unwarranted variation in outcomes between different parts of the area and for those from different backgrounds.
Our vision is to transform cancer services in Surrey Heartlands to provide the very best cancer outcomes where it is possible through:
- preventing the development of cancer in the first place
- boosting early diagnosis to enable the most effective treatments to be used
- increasing survival rates
- reducing outcomes variation geographically and socio-economically
- empowering clinicians to lead the improvement programmes and place patient outcomes and experience at the heart of cancer care
We want to talk to our residents about our plans through the Surrey Heartlands citizen-led co-design communications and engagement initiative.