Surrey Heartlands has an opportunity to streamline business support service functions to drive efficiencies as well as raise the quality and consistency of service delivered across the area.
We have an ambitious plan for joined up, efficient and resilient business support services that will enable high quality, safe and integrated health and social care services for our citizens. We will do this by:
- consolidating services where it makes sense to do so; eliminating duplication;
- using our collective scale and ‘buying power’ to get the best value;
- taking a commercial approach to our work and identify opportunities for income generation;
- working together to recruit and retain expert people (particularly in ‘difficult to recruit’ functions);
- building resilience through access to pooled resources;
- providing greater opportunities to share learning and expertise across Surrey Heartlands.
We plan to involve our population in our development to the greatest possible extent because we are committed to implementing the Surrey Heartlands citizen-led co-design communications and engagement initiative.