On Wednesday 29 August 2018, we will jointly launch the Surrey Care Record.
The Surrey Care Record is a secure, encrypted extract of records from health and social care providers that can be seen and used by authorised staff in the health and care system who are involved directly in your care. Having this shared record access has always been a significant part of our plan. The Surrey Care Record leaflet is available to download.
Your Record will include:
- Basic information such as your name, address, postcode, NHS Number, age and GP practice details
- Limited information from your health records held by your GP Practice and Hospitals such as test results, medications and allergies
The benefits of shared patient records
Sharing patient records brings a range of benefits for patients, including:
- Less need to repeat your medical history or social care information every time you deal with a new member of staff or organisation
- Clinical staff will be able to work with you to make the best decisions about your diagnosis, treatment and care plan
- Care professionals will be able to find shared information when they need it, such as any test results, helping to avoid unnecessary appointments and further tests
If you don’t want your details shared
You can completely opt out of sharing your Record by speaking to your GP practice in the first instance. Individual staff involved in your care will also ask for your permission before viewing your Record details, so you have control over which specific people can see it.